Aquarium medicine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fatfei

Aquarium Advice Activist
Anyone know a good aquarium treatment that'll just kill everything in the aquarium (not the fish obviously) I know I'll need to get filter boost afterwards.

Been using Waterlife different treatments prior but it's not helped. I want a fresh start.

Thanks in adv

Tank Treatment

Anyone know a good aquarium treatment that'll just kill everything in the aquarium (not the fish obviously) I know I'll need to get filter boost afterwards.

Been using Waterlife different treatments prior but it's not helped. I want a fresh start.

Thanks in adv

Hello ff..

The best aquarium treatment is large, weekly water changes. If you can work up to the point you remove and replace most of the tank water weekly, you'll have no tank problems.

B

Yes, it's really annoying I've used bacterial treatments and viral ones yet none have worked. I thought it had been sorted until I bought two more fancy tailed goldfish and they died within 3 weeks. They would shy away, not eat then waste away, then die.

It's not a water problem. I don't have that many fish in there for such a large tank. The filter is virtually spotless when I clean it. Good flow rate on it. I just wanted to start over. I know it'll Jill my filter bacteria but right now I'm just sick of whatever this is

There's some products on the market that won't kill off your BB. Seachem makes quite a few. Paragaurd, Kanaplex. API Furan 2. Prazipro. Those cover a wide spectrum. If you are going to dose a med that will kill your BB you might as well break the whole tank down and bleach it. Start over. Same with your filters.

I think using these meds I listed once you get new fish might be the way to go. Could be bad stock from where ever you are getting them.

Thanks King Fisher. I'll have a look at these medications. Thanks very much.

Was that Seachem product called paraguard?

If you add more fish dose thier food with Seachem Metroplex. You need to mix the metroplex with a binder like Seachem Focus. It wouldn't hurt to add Seachem garlic gaurd to entice them to eat.

Thanks, I'll give all this a go. [emoji106] Thanks very much

I'm not seeing a picture
Oh sorry, I don't seem to get notifications from this app or emails either despite them being selected so sorry for the late reply.

I've actually think I've had a eureka moment with this. I think it was the fish flakes I was putting in for the Danio fish. I think they were eating it and causing bloating (which I couldn't see) and serious digestion problems. From no where after the treatment fish started to get sick again so I tried frozen peas (which they didn't eat) then my lfs suggested bloodworms which I put down. I stopped feeding the flakes and after a couple of days they stopped acting lethargic and started to swim well and eat. My LFS siad the flake food I had (which I think I was given) was a low quality brand. (It's the kind a 99p store would sell)

I'm hoping everything is now good. Thank you for you help and suggestions [emoji106]20190615_083543.jpg20190614_133858.jpg

Nice. A couple of good brands of fish food are Omega One and New Life Spectrum. I'd also feed a veggie flake or pellet. Blood worms are good but can make a fish fat if fed daily.

Nice. A couple of good brands of fish food are Omega One and New Life Spectrum. I'd also feed a veggie flake or pellet. Blood worms are good but can make a fish fat if fed daily.
Thanks, it's definitely made me think in the future. I wouldn't buy just any food in the future. I never would have put this down to the food.

Low quality food can cause a lot of issues. Unfortunately, it's one of the last things I think about when trying to help people. ?

Back
Top Bottom