Aquarium progression

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Changed some stuff around.....left a couple of plants where they are cuz I think I like how they'll grow in. If I don't I'll shift them a bit.

Look nice!!! I like how you make the rock and DW more visible...maybe get some short plants or carpet plants for the foreground...

So far all the carpet plants at my lfs have looked pretty bad :( I'm gonna try and train that DMPW to carpet at least part of the front.

Been a little bit since I updated.....tank is cycled now, did big pwc Monday and I am turning the temp down slowly.
Will do another smaller one Wednesday, then I'm getting my fish the next day! Still dosing a little under a teaspoon of ammo to keep the bacteria happy, which I found equals about 3 ppm in my tank.
Starting with the school of tetras, then the cories in a couple weeks, shrimp and snails a couple weeks later, then the gourami last in an attempt to let the others acclimate before the slightly more territorial fish gets introduced.
Got some plants from azmodan, and they are looking great! I will prolly be moving the java fern to my sisters shrimp tank when that build gets started as I can't find a place for them to fit that I like >.< just so many other plants!
Thanks to everyone for advice and feedback, and those I got plants from!

Shuffled a couple things around, added moss and floaters, frogbit from azmodan and duckweed and another, unknown one that was in the fish baggie with my cories :D excuse the tubing, temporary for drip acclimation.

I really like how my rainbow rock catches the eye first, but everything is still interesting enough to keep interest as well. I think I'm finally happy with my scape.

Attachments

• image-576561694.jpg
    image-576561694.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 94
  • image-2196425536.jpg
    image-2196425536.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 91
  • image-1849770911.jpg
    image-1849770911.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 80
  • image-2457094493.jpg
    image-2457094493.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 88
Two of my new babies! They are named for adventure time characters, fin, Fiona, jake, and prince bubblegum (so two from the regular series, and two from the gender flipped episode).
I'm not sure how old they are, but the biggest looks just about a centimeter and a half. I THINK only one is female, but I may be wrong, it's my first group of habrosus and they seem to be kinda camera shy! Only the one good pic so far.

On another note, my nerite snails don't seem to be doing so good....drip acclimated them as well, taking my time (several hours of waiting and dumping 1/2 the water every 2 or so), and at first they opened up and kinda moved, then they just stayed open and looked dead......but when I move them they move to close all the way. Temp is about 77, ph 7.2, and other parameters 0, 0, and <10......any ideas on if they're okay or not? No noticeable shell damage or anything, just worried about the lack of movement and what'll happen if they don't eat....I know my tank is young but I do have a little bit of algae on my dw that my cories love to snuffle in, and algae wafers that I haven't dropped in cuz there's been no movement besides the peeking out.....

Attachments

• image-786145010.jpg
    image-786145010.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 81
When I got my big batch of nerites some of them pouted for a week or more before doing anything. I think a couple ended up dying but the majority did just fine.

When I got my big batch of nerites some of them pouted for a week or more before doing anything. I think a couple ended up dying but the majority did just fine.

Haha pouting snails is a funny mental image! Kind of reminds me of spongebob too

It's the best term that discribed them! It was like they got put somewhere new and didn't like it so they sat and pouted while most just too off. But a couple did finally die from not openning and eating.

It's the best term that discribed them! It was like they got put somewhere new and didn't like it so they sat and pouted while most just too off. But a couple did finally die from not openning and eating.

Suicide by pouting......o_o

Marty! He was pretty aggressive at first, snapping at frogbit, java ferns, and chasing cories.....I was worried I would have to take him back :(
But now he has calmed down a LOT. He still occasionally follows the cories around, and likes to flare when I come close to the tank.
He loves it when I drop in bloodworms, and I'm prolly gonna get some live brine shrimp for everybody as a treat :)

Attachments

• image-734380871.jpg
    image-734380871.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 76
I decided to try an experiment with Marty....did his want for food matter more than my hand in the tank?
The answer is no. After just a few days, I got him to eat from my fingers! He stared at it for a bit, but the bloodworm was too tantalizing to resist :3

Instead of buying a betta hammock, I got some leaves from a fake plant, suction cup from my airline setup, and some aquarium silicone. It took a couple days for Marty to figure out what it was, but now he's sleeping in it :) only fake aspect of my tank as I wanted it to last a long time as opposed to floating leaves in there. Plus he'll always know where to find it.

Attachments

• image-109823615.jpg
    image-109823615.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 93
Just, you know. Chillin. :)

Attachments

• image-4049573265.jpg
    image-4049573265.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 69
  • image-72808076.jpg
    image-72808076.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 60
  • image-3673899249.jpg
    image-3673899249.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 60
  • image-53343637.jpg
    image-53343637.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 61
  • image-1225836109.jpg
    image-1225836109.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 64
Beautiful. I love your red betta. Is he a half moon double tail? His fins are stunning.

Back
Top Bottom