Aquarium safe Silicone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It doesnt have any chemicals or agents that are added to it for "mold resistance" or things of that nature.

I usually just but the AGA braded stuff from PetCo, its around $5 and i would rather be safe than sorry.

As Pleco said it doesn't have the mold resistant chemicals. Lowes and HD have silicone labeled for Aquariums I think its around $3-$4 also. For very large applications I have read people use GE Silcone I for widows and doors, this doesn't have the mold resistant chemicals. Kitchen and bath silicone ususally has the mold resistant chemicals.

they also sell a compound of two puttys you rub together to make a rock like compound to hold rocks together and its aquarium safe, you can sand, file or even drill this stuff, turns a white/ grey color when it drys

All-Glass sealant is the same as GE Silicone I. I just bought some last night at Home Depot to reseal a used tank. I think it was $3.69 a tube. You will need a caulking gun to apply it. The All-Glass stuff can just be squeezed from the tube.

Back
Top Bottom