Aquarium stand weight limit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CMS1288

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey all,

It's been awhile since posting, but I have a question just to ease my mind...

I have a 38 gallon tank on a particleboard stand from Petco (it came as a bundle). It has shelving on the sides and a storage area with a door in the middle. I also have about 70 pounds of rock (weight distributed by egg crate).

I calculated the total weight to around 375 pounds. I've had no issues whatsoever with the stand or floor, and I'm just wondering if anyone thinks it's too much weight for the stand. I wonder how much weight these things are designed to hold...

Thanks!

Inspecting further, the horizontal platforms, including the top where the tank sits and the bottom where the stand rests on the floor appear to be made of MDF. The four vertical supports are particleboard. I heard that particleboard nowadays has a resin that keeps water from damaging it too much.

If it's solely made to support tanks than I'm sure it's fine.. main issue with particle boars is fasteners pulling free.. periodically give it a nudge and see if it wobbles, don't need to shake the bleep out of it just a poke. If you start to notice a wobble? Time for a new stand..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom