Aquascaping help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BHead707

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Im looking to redo my little 10gallon. ATM its really plain and ive got some fake plants and other things from petsmart. Im looking for a cheap way to get a nice looking tank going cause right now mine just isnt doing it for me.

anyone got any ideas?

How much is cheap?
Real plants always look better to me.

i guess i don't really have a specific price range. i do like the idea of real plants and i like rocks more than those random things at the lfs. but idk where to start

ok where could i get some good rocks for not very much money? or is it possible to find some and create a cool piece myself

You can look in ur back yard, streams and rivers. Just boil them to kill everything

And you might wanna pour just a small amount of white vinegar on the rocks, if they fizzle they aren't good for the tank. That's what I do lol.

ok where could i get some good rocks for not very much money? or is it possible to find some and create a cool piece myself

Three rocks to look for are Granite, Slate and Quartz Stones. Depending where you are in Cali ... you should be able to find Granites and Quartz ... generally by river and streams you tend to find rounded Quartz stones ... if not in your neighborhood yards.

Slates you may need to buy in lawn / garden or home improvement stores.

Back
Top Bottom