aquascaping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
animalzrok2 said:
does anyone know how to aquascape?

What exactly do you mean? Everyone has a preference. I think everyone's tank is a reflection of themselves. Also some choose to mimic the natural surroundings of the fish. Is that what you mean? Like me for example this is my tank. Some may like it some may not. But it's what I like and have to look at. Although I haven't had any complaints ;)

View attachment 64950

View attachment 64951

Last edited:
Aquascaping isn't something you do or don't know how to do.

It's creating a landscape inside the tank that looks good.

If you need ideas then try looking at pics online.

Have you thought of what you want to involve in the scape?

lots of plants, possibly1-2 pots,rocks and some driftwood and i really like the look of Covict2161's tank

animalzrok2 said:
lots of plants, possibly1-2 pots,rocks and some driftwood and i really like the look of Covict2161's tank

Oh yea, lots of talent that one lol :)

It depends how complex you wanna get.

There is a separate forum for scaping, I'm sure there you could fill your coffers with ideas and tips :)

It depends. It is all personal preference. Te most common aqua scape I have seen mentioned is the Dutch Style aquascape and te Iwigumi style aquascape.

Justmove stuff around until you like it ;) sloping gravel towards 2 far back corners adds depth. Terracing substrate is something i really like. Adding height, adding depth is important. Creating a focal point that is slightly off center helps. Multiple focal points are confusing. Tall plants in the back, shorter ones in the front. Try using rocks that match in color.

Regurgitation- complete.

Flip through the gallery on this forum for ideas!

Aquascaping can be as simple or as complicated as you want to make it. In the end, whether or not you like the results is what really matters - but if you are interested in reading about theory, technique, etc, there are a few resources out there. Aquajournal comes to mind...

Back
Top Bottom