Are My Fish Sick? Need Advice!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scottb

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello all, I noticed that my male harlequin rasbora has a white spot on one of his lower fins. I can't seem to get a very detailed look, but it possibly might be fungal. I also noticed today what seemed to be possibly one of the females beginning to show the same symptoms. You can't really tell on the female, except it appears that the front, or top of her head is a whiteish color. Could it be that this is just the color she has?

Basically I'm trying to figure out what this is, and if I need to take any action to treat it. I tried to get some pictures, but it's pretty difficult with these quick little guys.

The first one is the male. Note how you can see a white mark on the lower fin. The second picture is the female (far right). See how her head has a light color showing?

ForumRunner_20120227_120831.jpg

ForumRunner_20120227_120853.jpg

Again, sorry for the crappy pictures. Any help is much appreciated!

Sounds like what just worked its way through, and decimated, my aquarium: cotton mouth. You can get the medicine at a pet store. I suggest isolating the sick guys ASAP in a QT or a bucket with heater and bubble stone.

jen31972 said:
Sounds like what just worked its way through, and decimated, my aquarium: cotton mouth. You can get the medicine at a pet store. I suggest isolating the sick guys ASAP in a QT or a bucket with heater and bubble stone.

Thanks for your response. I don't think it's cotton mouth because I don't see anything visible on their mouths. However, it could be, but I can't really tell if the white patch is fuzzy. I know I should take out the ones who look sick, but right now I don't have a
QT tank (will invest in one soon when I have the funds).

I am currently in a cycle, which began with 6 harlequin's, and now I am down to 3, so no worries on killing any other inhabitants. I wish I knew exactly what the problem is, because I don't want to start dosing meds for no reason.

Back
Top Bottom