Are my Percula Clown's Sick!?!?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheChad

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey all,

I have 2 Percula clown fish that we bought about 3 weeks ago, they have been doing GREAT with out any sign up unhappyness or stress, but today we turned on the light and 1 of them had the front 1/3 of his body that looked white, like cloudy. He was swiming around the tank running into everything, we had to leave, and when we came back about 10 hours later, they both looked normal again as far as color, but were both sitting down on the rocks, when the light is off (Which it was all day) they usually get real close to each other and stay real close to the bottom of the tank.

It almost looked like they were dead or dieing because they were just kind of flopping around on the rocks. After the light was on for a few minutes they both kind of started swimging around a little, almost like we woke them up from sleep..

I don't know if one or both of them are sick, or what is going on.

Our tank has been established for about 3, almost 4 months now and all levels are fine.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

-TheChad

White Color - Many fish will " fade " when the lights are out. My tank is almost white in the morning. This is not unusual.

Bumping into things - Also, fish eyes take longer to adjust to changes in light.

Flopping - Percs have a weird little wallowing swim, even when resting.

Put these all together and it looks scary. As long as he is eating well, he is probably fine.

There are a couple of diseases which produce a white coating, but normally the fish will behave as if they are ill and will not be eating.

Good luck.

JG

We woke up this morning, and turned on the light, they both look like they are back to normal. Swiming normal, and eating fine.

Had me worried there for a little bit..

-TheChad

Back
Top Bottom