Are shrimp really beneficial?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've got a viper shrimp and a bamboo shrimp. They are both filter shrimp and I use crushed algae flakes and micro fish food to feed them. I use a turkey baster to feed them, I just mix the algae with some water in a cup, suck it up in the baster and gently squirt it at them( i call it a shrimp cocktaill haha). They have come to like it. They both put out all there fans and try to grab all the food at once. I find it fun and interesting feeding them let alone owning them. They are very cool and watching them move from feeding spot to feeding spot is cool. I also have a little orange shrimp and two very tiny red crystal shrimp, very tiny that I never see. I'm hoping that one day they will come out, be big and surprise me haha deffintly get one.

Coursair said:
My Shrimp Tank

They keep the plants clean. RCS/CRS are in this tank. Further pics on my profile page, click on my Avatar.

I love your tank. All the plants are awesome. What is the floating plant on top?

I have a little crew or Ghost Shrimp in my tank and they are so interesting to watch! They are always scavenging through the crevices in the gravel looking for excess food. I think it's so cool that when they eat you can see the food right through them!

Back
Top Bottom