Are these just regular angelfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yes and no...... Nothing is really regular. every living thing has its own special classification. But that being said, Looks like the pic you have is a good ol zebra angel. Lots of places call their angels " assorted angels" or "regular angels" . but each type is its own or a cross or what have ya. It goes way deeper than this, but thats the tip o the ice berg for you.

Ok thank you for the information the person that gave them to me bred them

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk

Ok thank you for the information the person that gave them to me bred them

uploadfromtaptalk1436247075478.jpg
Here's a slightly better picture of them

I do not have his contact information it was through a friend I forgot what he said they are that's why I was asking

I do not have his contact information it was through a friend I forgot what he said they are that's why I was asking

uploadfromtaptalk1436247408156.jpg
These were the larger ones I believe they were bred from at his house

Those look like regular angels, in terms of species, the morph looks to be zebra, like stated previously

Thank you for the information guys either way I think they're cool looking! Lol

Thank you ! I just started at this tank a week ago

Not to get too technical, but for the OP and everybody, there are 3 species ( as of right now but that could be changing as I type this ;)) of Angelfish. P altum, P. scalare and P. leopoldi. The most common Angelfish in the hobby and stores is a variety of P scalare. All the differently colored Angels are genetically traceable to the original wild scalare Angels that were collected and bred a long time ago. The other 2 species, the altums ( the biggest) and the leopoldi( the smallest) are usually found in different areas than the scalare and they both have distinctive physical features that make them different. True altum angels are not easy to come by nor breed even tho some have been successfully bred lately. The adults in the picture don't all look like P. altums to me. Some do however, there is new evidence that what is being called Peruvian Altums are really just a variant of the P. scalare ( Altum Angelfish - Microcosm Aquarium Explorer ) so without being able to get a close up pic ( darn computer :banghead: lol ) I can''t be sure.
So, to say they are "common" means that they would be P. scalare. Common meaning, the most available Angelfish on the market followed by silver in color, the most common color form of the fish as it's the natural wild color.
Having said all that.... They are nice looking fish. Enjoy them :) (y)

I just talked to my friend that got me them he said there altum angelfish ....

Hmmmm..... If they are true altums.... He got any more to get rid of? Lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

He had a bunch my friend purchased 6 large discuss fish from him and he gave us 5 free of the angels there juveniles still

Back
Top Bottom