Are these nassarius snails?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

George9

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just bought some nassarius snails from a listing on ebay, and afterward I found out about how some sellers are scammers and would sell you the less desirable*Ilyanassa obsoleta, which is a coldwater species. Im worried thats what they will send, although the pics on the listing look like the true nassarius vibex. Do they look like true nassarius to you? Im hoping the picture is an accurate representaion of what they'll send . Thank you!!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1405109248085.jpg
    1405109248085.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 85
  • 1405109261717.jpg
    1405109261717.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 91
  • 1405109274180.jpg
    1405109274180.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 92
By the pictures they look right. I just bought like 200 from ebay and they didnt look anything like those, so if you get those I;d be happy. lol

Okay sounds good haha. I bought 75 of them, because I figured some may not make it, and I'll give a few others away.

I was just reading stories about how there are millions of snails by the Atlantic coast that are collected and sold as nassarius snails, and apparently most of them host flukes, and they are not tropical snails. Hoping I'll get the right variety in the picture though! Thanks!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

How can I tell the dead snails from the live ones when these guys arrive?

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

I dump all of my incoming critters in a pile. I let them have two days or so to get with it and then you can tell who is alive and who is dead.

Back
Top Bottom