Arowana is not eating!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

armenkk1

Aquarium Advice Freak
just bought a silver arowana two days ago, and he is around 6-7 inches. right before I bought him I saw one of the employees feed him a feeder fish (goldfish) and I know they usually aren't healthy for fish but is it ok because I have tried everything, frozen, free dried, pellets, and even live mealworms and crickets. are feeder fish unhealthy for arowanas?

I don't know.

I do know that fish can go a few days without eating though.... He may be stressed.

Is he swimming around normally?

HE'S EATING!

he ate some floating cichlid food I have! so I guess he's fine.

I have an arrowana too. Had him since the yolk sack was still attached. If it helps I started mine with frozen brine shrimp, then moved up to freeze dried krill, he only eats certain types I bough a can and put some in there and he ate it and spit if out. I think you just have to find the right food and keep with that. I included a pic of freeze dried krill so you can get an idea of what it looks like and a pic of mine too. Did yours still have the yolk sack attached?

fadetoblack06 said:
I have an arrowana too. Had him since the yolk sack was still attached. If it helps I started mine with frozen brine shrimp, then moved up to freeze dried krill, he only eats certain types I bough a can and put some in there and he ate it and spit if out. I think you just have to find the right food and keep with that. I included a pic of freeze dried krill so you can get an idea of what it looks like and a pic of mine too. Did yours still have the yolk sack attached?

he won't eat anything except cichlid floating pellets. hes about 7 inches

Back
Top Bottom