Arrival of fish at end of cycle question!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Water Wiggler

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've been cycled for a while, but I've been dosing pure ammonia and waiting patiently for celestial pearl danios. Supposedly, they won't arrive until Tuesday or Wednesday. They can't give me an exact day. I do realize that doing the big 90% water change the night before is important. If I do the big water change on Monday night only to realize that the fish won't arrive until Wednesday, should I do a big water change on Tuesday night as well?

Nope, you are doing the change to remove the built-up nitrates. If you can do 100% change than do it as nitrates may be substantial depending on how long you have been dosing ammonia and how much you are dosing.

Once it is done you don't need to do it again. You need to stop dosing ammonia after the change though.

It is OK if there is no fish in your tank for a few days after the water change.

Nope, you are doing the change to remove the built-up nitrates. If you can do 100% change than do it as nitrates may be substantial depending on how long you have been dosing ammonia and how much you are dosing.

Once it is done you don't need to do it again. You need to stop dosing ammonia after the change though.

It is OK if there is no fish in your tank for a few days after the water change.

You have answered all of my questions! Thank you!!!! :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom