arrow crabacide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mastertrcky

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So i woke up this morning and my arrow crab had about 1/3 of my clownfish left in its claw..... perhaps i was underfeeding.... not sure but now my one clown is flyin solo which is sad... does he need another clown? And if so can it be any kind? Its a regular, so could you toss in a tomato or a black? I really am trying to keep a peacful tank... and yes i realize now that the arrow crab was not following that pattern but hes going to get taken back asap..

Definitely no on the tomato. When you say regular, is it an ocellaris or a percula? There are many morphs of each that could go with your "regular"
Since your clown already has a territory, you could have issues. If trying another clown , I would buy it small and rearrange the rockwork.
I doubt your arrow crab killed it unless the clown was very small.

Its an Ocellaris. And they are small about 1". And my crab seems agressive. Whenever i feed the tank he goes ape. Starts snapping at everything. So if its an occalaris then only certain types of clowns can pair with it or potentially pair?

Last edited by a moderator:
Its an Ocellaris. And they are small about 1". And my crab seems agressive. Whenever i feed the tank he goes ape. Starts snapping at everything. So if its an occalaris then only certain types of clowns can pair with it or potentially pair?

That's the safer bet. Snowflake ocellaris, black ocellaris, misbar ocellaris, naked ocellaris

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom