Art above yer tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bradleyheathhays

Aquarium Advice Regular
Here's something that's not discussed too often but I'm sure the subject has it's place among fish keepers.

I've got a big blank spot on the wall above my 125 gal...

img_3174466_0_b182442563b0a9a1b041ddeae915267c.jpg

...and I'm looking to put something up there. I'd go for just about anything if it looks good and fits the space well. Right now the wall is a little too light so soon it'll be darkened slightly to a light earth shade. Initially what I seem to be leaning toward is something possibly artsy with a fish / water theme. Here's some stuff I found on eBay that might go well...

bovano fish | eBay

Little pricey but if could find more of this stuff a little cheaper maybe it would look good put together.

Anyway, I'm entirely open to your suggestions. If you care to post a pic of what's above your tank that would be really helpful in generating ideas.

Thanks

PS Please never mind what's in the tank. It's evolving.

How about FW decor?

Those are beautiful sculptures you linked to, OP. But they all seem to be SW! What about FW decor?

I have the same problem as we moved recently and I takes is forevER to get wall stuff up. Maybe because we're military and have moved so often that we got used to blank walls!

I have some lovely hardback prints of various Impressionist paintings. An arrangement on the wall above my 55 gal. would complement the colors and lighting in my tank without competing for attention.

A large mirror on one of those walls that might reflect something nice or the light of a window would be nice, too. ?

that's why I suggested fat heads you can choose the type of scene through there files or produce your own ,and they will make it as big or small as you want , another plus is they are affordable , hope this helps your idea go smooth

You could grow some plants in the tank water and let them grow up the wall on a trellis of sorts. I know pothos vine would work for this but there are plenty of others as well.

What about a nice mirror, they make rooms seem bigger as well?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Here's something that's not discussed too often but I'm sure the subject has it's place among fish keepers.

I've got a big blank spot on the wall above my 125 gal...

img_3183818_0_b182442563b0a9a1b041ddeae915267c.jpg

...and I'm looking to put something up there. I'd go for just about anything if it looks good and fits the space well. Right now the wall is a little too light so soon it'll be darkened slightly to a light earth shade. Initially what I seem to be leaning toward is something possibly artsy with a fish / water theme. Here's some stuff I found on eBay that might go well...

bovano fish | eBay

Little pricey but if could find more of this stuff a little cheaper maybe it would look good put together.

Anyway, I'm entirely open to your suggestions. If you care to post a pic of what's above your tank that would be really helpful in generating ideas.

Thanks

PS Please never mind what's in the tank. It's evolving.

If you have young kids in your family, your own children, nieces or nephews, I would buy a large canopy and some paints and let them paint you something. Or you could do some splash art using the same colors as the fish you have in your tank! Just get a painters canopy and put it on a large wall and chuck paint at at the canvas. :D Either way, its something special and not just another piece of art. :)

Air plants above the tank!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1426383678944.jpg
    1426383678944.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 56
  • 1426383722638.jpg
    1426383722638.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 54
Back
Top Bottom