As of late.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ryan24

Aquarium Advice Activist
So as of late when I have been changing inserts for my filters before I would just add activated carbon , and a sponge but now I have been putting 2 inserts of salt . I have noticed a huge difference in the looks of the inhabitants . They look really good . Anyone else do the same and is there any other tricks that might be good to do?

Instead of just adding in to the water , it release slower and keeps at a constant level.

I've never done it, but I've always heard adding a little bit of salt is good for a lot of fish. But can be deadly to others even in small amounts such as with ADFs.

I only do it in my African tank and had success so far . And yeah I heard it can be deadly as well , so far though it releases slowly the way I have set up .

Also only do it when I change my inserts . Not constantly , cause I would think it takes a little while to have levels of salinity to drop .

I've heard rumors that it helps alleviate some of the extreme aggression some have reported in their cichlid tanks. Have you seen any mildness to yours?

Yes actually in my Midas is pretty mild as past while , she just spawned last night . But her aggression I'm expecting to get higher as she is now into sexual maturity . But so far so good .

I made a thread in cichlids about a Midas species tank , reply and tell me what you think :)

Back
Top Bottom