As the fin turns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DragonFish71

Great white snark
Today on our 115g fish t.v show I've witnessed our 4 angelfish doing some pre-spawning sparring. Our males, (used to be named Penn (black marble) and Teller (gold) who's names I have changed to Anubis (black marble) and Ra (gold) and the 2 kois, whom seem to be females, (Bastet and Hathor) are attempting to exert dominance over each other.

For a few months Ra has been showing signs of mild aggression towards Anubis and showing off to Hathor. Ra and Hathor had paired off and spawned earlier this week, leaving Anubis and Bastet cowering in a corner. Now Anubis and Bastet have paired off and are terrorizing Ra and Hathor. (not to the point anyone is injured or stressed, they know of the "time out" net) This is the tank that is under treatment for a nasty parasite, camallanus worm.

After the commercial break (breakfast) I come back and sit on the couch, sipping a Coke and watch our 120g. Relaxation was not going to be had.

Our female jewel laid eggs, our male JD milted them. :confused:
Which seemed to have torqued our male jewel who went on a rampage and thought picking a fight with our 10inch common pleco Gonzo was a good idea. Not so much.

Gonzo, tired of being harassed, settled on top of the male jewel and latched on with his raspers, holding the jewel in place. Luckily I keep the "time out" net handy and got Gonzo to release the jewel. The jewel is now in our 10g feeder tank recovering. Gonzo will face charges of attempted murder, attempted drowning of a fish, assault and battery.

And I thought today would be a normal day, sheeeeeeeeesh

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom