At the risk of sounding stupid...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WillMurf

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Sorry but I don't know how to convert feet and inches into gallons being an Australian so how many gallons do I have? 36 x 18 x 18. And how do I edit my membership details.

I can't answer the second question, but there is a calculator for this on the site (click on calculators at the top). Entering the values you have given, it comes back with 50 gallons.

Edit: And by the way, it's not stupid at all. I'm an American and I had to use the calculator. :)

It's way easier to work out litres and then convert to gals.

36x18x18 = approx. 180 litres = 45 gals US = approx. 40 gals UK

Ahh, the wonders of the English system of measurment.(Nothing converts easily) We really need to go to metric with the rest of the world.

the government tried to go to metric, and when some town in the mid united states saw speed limit signs in km/h, they shot them up lol, and it would cost alot of money going to metric

I'd be cool with going to metric as long as our temp. stayed farenheit. Even though I live half an hour from Canada I don't get celcius at all.

Celcius is easier for me because freezing of water is at 0 degrees and boiling of water is at 100 degrees.

I like the metric system alot better than the system we use now.

25 degrees celcius is about room temp, nice and comfy. 37 degrees celcius is body temp, rather hot if its the air and not a body, and you know frozen water at 0 is darn cold. Everything else is in between!

As far as kilometers are concerned, don't you just love the idea of driving to work going a hundred? (thats about 60 mph).

But as far as volume calculations go, metric is unbeatable.

Back
Top Bottom