At what size tank is it to big to be a nano tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paul87

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just wondering where the line was drawn on how big is it not a nano? My tank is 39 gallon with a 20-25 gallon sump. This would not be considered a nano tank would it?

Most consider 30 and under to be nano in the SW world. It's all a bit subjective though. Why does it matter?

Just wondering where the line was drawn on how big is it not a nano? My tank is 39 gallon with a 20-25 gallon sump. This would not be considered a nano tank would it?

That's funny I was wondering the same thing. When I did a search of Nano, I found only a few Nano tanks and all had one thing in common. They all had a bac pac of necessary items for the tank to run. Like laptop, everything included in a nice sleek unit, but with all the bells and whistles. There are several types of smaller tanks from 3g all the way up to 29g. Well, 29g was the biggest I saw anyway. All that being said I don't think anybody's going to bite your head off if you post your 39g sw in the Nano section. I've got a 10 so I know where I belong...:hide:

Back
Top Bottom