Axolotl question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stacey W.

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My coworker owns an axolotl and I really know nothing about them. She ask me about fungal treatments for fish then proceeded to tell me her axolotl has some kind of fungal infection on its leg. What could it be and how do you treat it. Sorry no pics just trying to give a friend helpful advice.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I think they are pretty sensitive and maybe soaking it would be better than treating a whole tank.

Clean water, treated will be the best first course of treatment. Prime treated water with a dosage more for chloramines if they do or might have them in their tap water. Lots of water changes to turn over the old water to new clean water.

I will check with a friend who has them and see if there are any other medicated treatments for them. In the mean time lots of fresh clean treated water.

I have used melafix to get rid of bacterial infections it works well and is safe for axolotls if I wouldn't do a treatment longer than a week

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom