Baby elephant nose fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wizard4s

Aquarium Advice Activist
Had my elephant nose (dumbo) for about 2 months now and Is doing great! Thought I would upload a few pictures, very beautiful and clever fish

image-2782155532.jpg

image-1283497804.jpg

image-3562006171.jpg

Beautiful specimen

I must ask what it eats?

Very interesting fish and supposedly very intelligent for it's size. I researched it. I read that because of the electrical impulses of the probe it will play with a ball of aluminum foil. It eats worms and other frozen or live foods. Awesome fish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I had a black one before this but sadly died after a week, not sure if this is a different species? I feed it frozen brine shrimp and blood worms, they are very shy fishes at first but when comfortable in the aquarium they are very active and playful :) he's only 3 inches long. You can also feed by hand too when they get to know you. My favourite freshwater fish!

I think this species Grows to about 9" but only a small percentage, my tank is 100 litres which is about 25 gallons, It will take around 3 years for him to reach full size.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom