Baby senegal bichir food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TigerBarbs

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hat should i feed my 5 inch senegal. He loves frozen bloodworms but needs different foods.

you started 2 threads on the same topic,thats against the rules. and try shrimp pellets,every fish i have(except for ottos)loves them

A high quality sinking pellet would be ideal. I prefer New Life Spectrum, Hikari's Sinking Carnivore Pellets would be a decent second option.

I'm sure it would love them. the NLS fishguy suggested is definately a good staple food.

I don't recommend live food at all. It is not nutritionally complete or balanced, can introduce pathogens, and can increase aggression. High quality pellets are a much better option.

my thought on live foods is it would be more natural than pellets that dont move. would they be okay for a treat like a few of them a month?:fish2:

What would be better for a small bichir an tiger barbs nls or hikari carnivore pellets?

IME definitely the NLS. Some fish don't take to it immediately, but that simply means you need to get them hungry (which can happen with any food).

I would feed 2mm for the tiger barbs and 3mm for the bichir. I use the Thera+A formula because of the extra garlic, but the regular formula is fine. It does sink.

On hikari two Oscars, in one tank and in another a senagal bicher ornate bicher and a rope fish

Back
Top Bottom