baby turbo snails?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Agnate80700

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was helping one of my turbo snails up off his back today (using a method that I just realized, literally as I type this, is probably very bad and Im not even going to say what method it is lol... lets just say I wont do it anymore) and since I was in there i was sturring up the sand to get some algae off and low and behold I come accross a tiny little shell about 1/2 the size of a pencil eraser that I can only assume is a baby turbo snail. Im not even sure if theres anything in it (i have it set on some rock to see if it moves) but reguardless, it wasnt there to begin with (my sand was just generic non-live sand.) I do have full size turbo snails so I guess if theyre happy they'd make babies right?

Do turbo snails procreate easily? How can I keep this happening so I dont have to buy snails anymore? lol

Do you have liverock? Possible that it came in on that. I continue to see things today pop up (two baby nassarius snails, crawling together on the rock last week, even though I've never own nassarius snails before then) 4 years after I've gotten my tank.

I would imagine it came in with the liverock and not as product of your snails procreating. Congrats, regardless. :)

FWIW I've noticed those tiny shells in different types of "generic" sand before. As far as the turbos procreating, if it does happen it's not likely to result in any offspring in an aquarium. The conditions just don't allow for it.
Devilishturtles said:
I would imagine it came in with the liverock
If you do have LR, there is one type of small cerith snail that often hitchhikes in on it that is capable of reproducing in aquariums. HTH

Do you have a link or a picture o the cerith that can reproduce? I'm curious as I'm starting to find little ones in my tank at night.....

Ziggy953 said:
Do you have a link or a picture o the cerith that can reproduce?
I can't find anything specific for the cerith, but a search for strombus maculatus will get you some pics and info. Maybe I am confusing them, they are similar looking. HTH

Back
Top Bottom