Bad Eheim Jager Heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ack

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I recently bought two Eheim Jager Submersible Aquarium Heaters online. I tried the first one and am surprised that it seems to be a lemon. I thought they were so simple that a German heater would be unlikely to be defective right out of the box.

Should I try the 2nd one or return them both for a different brand?

Thank you!

p.s. I wonder, do people counterfeit things like this?

IMO return them both, I don't like them at all, mine would get stuck on high and go up to like 90° or not work at all and it's very inconsistent. I like the aqueon pro series best and I believe they're the best heaters out on the market right now. I would look into those
Also, I don't think people can really counterfeit things like these. It would be quite hard and probably wouldn't be worth anything and you would most likely notice straight away

Last edited:
I personally love Jäger heaters and am surprised to hear that you have had trouble with them. I have had problems with every other brand heater but Ehiem. The general agreement among a lot of aquarists is that the Ehiem heaters are the best and most reliable. A lot of people also like the Aqueon Pro heaters. I have owned 1 and it failed in less than 6 months. It just quit operating and left my tank freezing cold. I personally would say go with the Ehiems, but the Aqueon Pro is also a good heater accordion to a lot of people. (y)

Back
Top Bottom