Bala Shark Owners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I kept a Bala a long time ago, I'd feed it normal flake food, and the occasional frozen bloodworms (about once a week I'd say).

My bala eats flakes (regular & spirulina-based), pellets (algae & carnivore), frozen bloodworms & brine shrimp, freeze-dried tubifex, peas, lettuce, and algae. They do love their veggies. I'm sure they'd even eat fruits. :wink:

My 6 get an assortment of flakes, pellets, live river shrimp, live crickets, live bloodworm (jumbo and regular), live daphnia, frozen bloodworm, frozen daphnia, frozen mussles, frozen prawns, courgettes and cucumber.

I have had a bala in every community tank i have had, and they eat whatever. I feed mine mostly flakes and life brine about once a week. I have seen where some people have wrote that they are agressive and will attack other fish. I have personally never had a problem. my current bala is a healthy 8 inches, and is in a tank with small tetras and lifebearers and does not bother anyone. He speads most of his time swimming among a school of giant danios.

Back
Top Bottom