Balanced Aquariums (by request)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
absolutangel04 said:
Mdfrookie did indeed answer that. That has been responded to and answered multiple times already.

Just saying I have luck isn't a logical answer. I supose it could be that I didn't give any other info, but this was like a year ago so I wouldn't remember it

I do believe I answered that question way back. Either luck, or there's some info you're not including. That's like asking why some people can keep goldfish in bowls for years... doesn't mean they should by any means.

agreed. I kept a common goldfish in a 5 gallon tank for about 5 years,(from the time I was in middle school till I graduated high school) never did water changes and only did top offs with well water. Anytime I tried to add a new fish to that tank, it died within a day. I didn't know anything about TDS, (total dissovled solids).. which was probably the problem, and the poor fish with his stunted growth. I guess I was lucky he adapted and survived, but it doesn't make it right.
speaking of which, you STILL have completely avoided any question regarding the accumulation of TDS in a system like this without water changes. :whistle:Funny how some questions just keep not getting answered.

agreed. I kept a common goldfish in a 5 gallon tank for about 5 years,(from the time I was in middle school till I graduated high school) never did water changes and only did top offs with well water. Anytime I tried to add a new fish to that tank, it died within a day. I didn't know anything about TDS, (total dissovled solids).. which was probably the problem, and the poor fish with his stunted growth. I guess I was lucky he adapted and survived, but it doesn't make it right.
speaking of which, you STILL have completely avoided any question regarding the accumulation of TDS in a system like this without water changes. :whistle:Funny how some questions just keep not getting answered.
I agree. When we were children, my cousin kept a goldfish bowl and 1 of her fish lived for 7 years, the other fish lived for over 11 years. I would not say though that keepig goldfish in bowls "works." It was EXACTLY what has been said over and over in this thread. Luck and hardy fish = surviving in some cases. Of course, I do not think the OP's tank was on the same level as a bowl, I am just saying that the answers given are indeed valid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom