Balloon belly molly weird clear stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rhiannamal

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just brought a baloon molly in my tank and ut has this weird clear long stuff coming out if it, been there a few days anyone know what that is?
Thank you!!

Attachments

• 20190409_171033.jpg
    20190409_171033.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 93
  • 20190409_171031.jpg
    20190409_171031.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 64
It looks like poop and possibly parasite poo. Could be change in diet, constipation or infection. See if tomorrow it had normal poop color.

Fast it for a few days. If it doesn't go away it's probably an internal parasite as autumn pointed out.

K I'll fast him now he did eat this morning or at least he swam to the food but I didnt see him actually eat it...he is swimming at the bottom alot not moving around much other than if I put food in there. And the white clear thing is way longer now and not falling off. Is there treatment I should use for parasites incase it's that? I've never seen this before so kinda new to it.

Metroplex by Seachem. Try to mix it with food and get him to eat it. If he stops eating just dose the metroplex as instructed to the tank water.

Back
Top Bottom