Balloon Rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

New2me

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi, I know balloon species are a hot topic for debate sometimes but I just wondered if this is a German Blue balloon? (I assumed she was until someone thought otherwise) She has been in my tank (community) for about 4 months, seems to be the boss but not obviously aggressive. My cherry barb males can be a bit feisty at times but seem to know to keep away from her.
The colour and quality in the pic aren't great (on my phone) but I just wondered what people thought of her :) Thanks.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423561498.325299.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

110% balloon ram

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks, I know it's a balloon ram :) Wondered more about which type of balloon....if it looked more like a German blue or Bolivian etc.?

Gbbr, can't say anyone has been sadistic enough to inflate a bolivian yet

You could always feed him to a bird and get one of these;)

Attachments

• 1423566465744.jpg
    1423566465744.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 124
Thanks....I think. Will pass on feeding her to bird ;-) She was a rescue and so will let her live out her life in comfort. I think she is attractive and always active and out front looking for food.

She looks nice, and so does yours Brookster! Yea, it is definitely a GBBR though.

Nils

Hahahaha I believe you are trying to kill me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Death blow... that's 15 mega pixels of yes yes I love mini predators.. what does he even see in there?!?!? Food??TV remote?? A nickel?!??! Who knows.. awesome ...

Attachments

• 1423784798175.jpg
    1423784798175.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 96
Death blow... that's 15 mega pixels of yes yes I love mini predators.. what does he even see in there?!?!? Food??TV remote?? A nickel?!??! Who knows.. awesome ...

Nice, I kind of miss having those little guys. I will be ordering some odontocharacidium apahnes to go with the pseudomugil paskai.

Back on topic though, OP, ballon rams are horribly line bred to get their shape which leaves them genetically weaker than most other forms. That would be why there's not a very warm reception for them with most people and usually there is a loss of the brilliant colors that higher quality rams have.

Nice, I kind of miss having those little guys. I will be ordering some odontocharacidium apahnes to go with the pseudomugil paskai.

I'm not googling that until tomorrow morning gillie..

I'm not googling that until tomorrow morning gillie..

I'll make it easy on you and post a pic of the dwarf characidiums in my woohoo post, so we don't sidetrack this post too much.

Check out my "woohoo" post in the new acquisitions section, I posted pics of both species.

Let's try to keep the OP's thread on track.

The odontocharacidium apahnes brings up a dentist office LOL The other one it finds.

Check out my "woohoo" post in the new acquisitions section, I posted pics of both species.

Let's try to keep the OP's thread on track.

That's ok, I understand what a balloon is all about and why it's contentious. My post was more simplistic.....about whether my fish was similar to German ram's markings. It was answered. Thanks :)

Sorry op, didn't mean to come off as offensive, just throwing my 2 cents this bottomless pit of info. And opinions;) if it's happy and healthy and it makes you smile than that's all that counts. They're quite personable little fish those rams!

None taken, all good.....my kids named her Punko when we got her due to her 'cool Mohawk' :)

They love good water and are prone to constipation, my secret is Hikari frozen spirulina infused brine shrimp...shhhhhh

Back
Top Bottom