Bamboo shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hcourts

Aquarium Advice FINatic
An these live with rcs and amano shrimp? I would love to get some and I have a twenty percent off coupon at petco...or would these work in my community tank alright with angels?

They would be fine with amanos and RCS. I have mine with amanos and ghosts.

As for angels, my bamboo were pretty big when I bought them. If large enough, I don't think they'd be an issue with angels.

hcourts said:
An these live with rcs and amano shrimp? I would love to get some and I have a twenty percent off coupon at petco...or would these work in my community tank alright with angels?

As far as temperament goes, they will do swimmingly with Amanos and RCS.

They only thing with Bamboo Shrimp that you need to keep in mind is their requirement for relatively high current. I'm assuming you know what filter feeders are :)

They actually get a decent amount bigger than Amanos, and will be perfectly fine with Angelfish.

Yeah I got four of them. I put them in my 20g but I think I'm gonna have to move them to my 55 bc there doesn't seem to be enough flow in my 20. :/ there is plenty in my 55 as long as no one tries to eat them.. (3 angels!!)

These are three of the four of my new fellas in my 55:)

image-3303952645.jpg

image-2165851127.jpg

They are the coolest!!! I haven't seen the fourth one since I put them in. I saw him buzz over towards my bubble strip so he may be chillin there. The first photo has two of them on one leave!! They don't seem afraid of any of my other fish and in turn the fish pay no mind to them. My black angel followed them as soon as I put them in but lost interest just as fast!! So glad I got them!!

They are HUGE!! Right now they are as long as my angel!!(only about 2inches;)) plus I got them 20% with a coupon at petco:)

If you continue to see them on your substrate, that's not a good sign. They should have a high perch that puts them directly into the filter flow. If they feed off the substrate, it means you don't have suitable nutrients for them in your filter flow.

I see them on the rock in front of where my filter flow comes and the hang out on my driftwood in the air bubbles of my bubble strip...plus they are constantly cruising around out in the open...does this sound right or do I need to do something else for them??

Back
Top Bottom