BB....Quick question please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thomasina

Aquarium Advice Freak
I set up a 10 g tank this am. Fishless, using floss from another established tank, filter has been running all day (13 hours) with the lights on. It is really getting cloudy now, can it be a BB already?

I would use some food(Flakes take less time to rot), witch take arround 1-5days to make ammonia levels spike. Did you test you're water? Are you're nitrites high? If not, then just put a reasonable ammount of food and let it be for the time, if you're nitrites are high, give a little less food to the ''tank''. In this case, ammonia should be at 0.
Give me more info about it.

Thanks for helping. I have a 20 g that needs a water change today. I was thinking of taking some of that water and putting in the 10 which I am trying to get ready for some fish that are coming on Wednesday. (daughter has some that she needs to get rid of) I thought I would wait until after I transfer water to test it, plus I have to run out and get another kit, ran out of chem. I know that the 20 is a bit high in Ammon. Water is still cloudy in 10, maybe somewhat worse than yesterday. I will put some food in it and let it rot and keep checking it. Can I befriend you so that I can contact you as needed?

Thanks for helping. I have a 20 g that needs a water change today. I was thinking of taking some of that water and putting in the 10 which I am trying to get ready for some fish that are coming on Wednesday. (daughter has some that she needs to get rid of) I thought I would wait until after I transfer water to test it, plus I have to run out and get another kit, ran out of chem. I know that the 20 is a bit high in Ammon. Water is still cloudy in 10, maybe somewhat worse than yesterday. I will put some food in it and let it rot and keep checking it. Can I befriend you so that I can contact you as needed?
Yeah. It would be better to get a filter media instead, better chances of propagating the bacteria.

Checked levels this am. Amon. .50 Nitrite .0 Nitrate .50 Gues it has started!
Will let you know how we do!
Just make sure to put ammonia(Food) in the ammount you think you're fish are gonna produce waste. If you have insufisant ammounts of food, you wont have enough bacteria witch could disturb the cycle and you would have to redo it.:fish2:

Back
Top Bottom