BC29, copepods and water changes???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok did my water change tonight an this thought just popped into my head so most of know me so I have to ask...

I've had a growth of copepods and I also seeded my tank with many copepods etc from reefs2go, when performing the water change I noticed a TON on the filter media in chamber 2 in the inTank media basket. The question is this...

Am I losing a lot of my pods during water changes? Maybe some I can't even see? Am I sucking any up via syphon? I payed good money for 1,000's and 1,000's of assorted pods. I noticed about 8-12 in the bucket alone and much more on the old filter floss. I tried to swish it around in the old tank water and net them but those suckers are FAST!!

I got 8 back in the tank and of course they were instant dinner!!

Well that's it. That's was the thought that popped into this head of mine during my water change.

melosu58 said:
That little bit should not make a difference. They multiply so fast.

Thanks you for your response.... It just dawned on me about it. Glad it's not an issue.

Don't worry about them. I actually try to save as many as I can but all cannot be saved. A healthy reef promotes pods so you will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom