BCarl's 26 gallon Bf Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very close to setting up that 5 gallon hex and running that with aqua soil and some of the pogo. Im moving in like 8 month and i planned on completely tearing down the 26 anyways

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Maybe it is time for a restart. It looks like you'd have plenty of time to plan before the move. You definitely have the skills to have a beautiful planted tank. This tank must be cursed or something.

Thanks, i think the curse theory is the best so far... I will probably wait a day or two till i decide anything before making an impulse and irrational decision.

Thanks, i think the curse theory is the best so far... I will probably wait a day or two till i decide anything before making an impulse and irrational decision.

Curse huh?? Dont go sacrificing any goats to the planted tank gods now..
There has to be a rational explanation behind all this. I still think it somehow stems from source water.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Curse huh?? Dont go sacrificing any goats to the planted tank gods now..
There has to be a rational explanation behind all this. I still think it somehow stems from source water.

I think it's the water. We're basically doing the same thing and, for the most part, sharing the same plants. Yet different results.

Stems from the source water?- no pun intended LOL

The only problem I have with the water theory is that the tank was growing great with it for about 3 months. Also mixing it with the spring water did not change anything.

Idid put a few root tabs under the bylxa, bonsai and pogo before I left. I doubt that did anything though. The only thing I can think of is when the tank got gassed the pH crashed causing harm to the plants?

Are you guys dosing any supplemental iron?

Soo im at an impasse on what to do next. So if this was your tank what would you do next (keep in mind im moving in 8 months)

I just noticed I had MITM (melt in the middle) with cabomba and pogo erectus. Yup I just coined a new term....lol

Sent from my Z667T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Not sure if plants are that sensitive to a pH drop (due to excess CO2). Then again, I don't know how much it dropped to and for how long.
I don't dose iron aside from what's in the pps-pro micro mix.

Yeah, what do you guys think i should do with this tank next?

Maybe due a restart as suggested a few posts back. Plants in a bucket while you empty that tank, wash the substrate, refill the tank.

Sadly i think ive got everyone stumped even on TPT. Im worried that if i switch to AS i may still have the problem.

Shell dwellers! They're sweet fish! They'd love your water as is..

Yeah but more importantly what about the plants?

Back
Top Bottom