Beck's 29g Seahorse Tank(Project Pony)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I had to order some Weld On #4 in order to glue some plexiglass together. Just when I think it's time to start, I don't have everything I need

Change of plans with the plexiglass. Il be cutting glass baffles and using the plexiglass for a basket. Hopefully by Thursday I will have some production pics

Look forward to seeing this come along, I've always wanted to try ponies ;)

I would recommend looking into a filter sock instead of the floss, easier to deal with IMHO and you could throw some media in it too if space becomes an issue

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Look forward to seeing this come along, I've always wanted to try ponies ;)

I would recommend looking into a filter sock instead of the floss, easier to deal with IMHO and you could throw some media in it too if space becomes an issue

Thanks Red! Was thinking about socks at first but realized I have a but load of bulk floss. Once done I could always change it out

Had to cut and redo a baffle as I tested for flow. Hope to get pump and drill for bulkhead next week. And try and start plumbing

Trying to figure out a way to make a water deflector similar to InTank to draw it even from the first chamber. Any ideas? Plexiglass with some holes drilled at an angle?

Definitely following.
Do you know what sea horses you want yet?

Looking at Kuda pair but nothing really set in stone right now. Just trying to get the sump finalized and then on to the plumbing. Not too much longer hopefully then of course a cycle and all that fun waiting stuff

New water deflector made tonight and a coral viewer just because I had extra material. Next week bulkhead, plumbing, and testing

Nice! When's it getting wet??

Ok guys. Getting some BRS goodies this week finally. Overflow box, pump, drill bit, some misc valves and bulkhead. Luckily pvc is cheap lol. Hope to have progress and am going to run a durso standpipe as well wish me luck

Definitely following...when I got into this hobby that was one thing that I said I'd always do...a seahorse tank. That's awesome!!! Good luck! :D

Definitely following...when I got into this hobby that was one thing that I said I'd always do...a seahorse tank. That's awesome!!! Good luck! :D

Thanks man! Yea should be interesting getting going. Should be able to do a full test this week then on the making water and getting rock and sand in there to cycle

Are you doing H. erectus? Or H. kuda? I saw some beautiful H. erectus at the aquarium on Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom