Bedroom tour!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Holyyy!!! :eek: You have the most interesting bedroom I have ever seen. That is totally amazing. The snakes are so cool and your tanks are really nice. Well done. I know you would spend a great deal of time on their maintenance! FANTASTIC (y)

Holyyy!!! :eek: You have the most interesting bedroom I have ever seen. That is totally amazing. The snakes are so cool and your tanks are really nice. Well done. I know you would spend a great deal of time on their maintenance! FANTASTIC (y)

Thanks man! It is alot of maintenance, between snake feedings once a week and water changes once a week it doesn't seem so bad lol. Those are the two big chores. Also The big tank keeps the snakes happy with all the humidity. The green trees are the only ones who need the extra misting now. I will have to take a video of the dwarfs at the girlfriends tomorrow or something.

Thanks man! It is alot of maintenance, between snake feedings once a week and water changes once a week it doesn't seem so bad lol. Those are the two big chores. Also The big tank keeps the snakes happy with all the humidity. The green trees are the only ones who need the extra misting now. I will have to take a video of the dwarfs at the girlfriends tomorrow or something.

Hey, like they say, it keeps us out of trouble. And what a great hobby. Where are Shrek and Fiona from? Are they the tree snakes from Australia you mentioned?
Look forward to you dwarf cichlid video.

Hey, like they say, it keeps us out of trouble. And what a great hobby. Where are Shrek and Fiona from? Are they the tree snakes from Australia you mentioned?
Look forward to you dwarf cichlid video.

They are both from Illinois lol, they can be found in Australia but are more common in the tropical islands above you guys like New Guinea and such. Fish and snakes are way different. In the fish hobby wild Caughran are viewed as top quality where snakes wild caught is bad and it all about the blood line. Both of them are from the same breeder and are "designer" snakes which means their history is snakes breed for certain characteristics such as black freckles or "mite phase" snakes that posse these traits are more valuable. I paid $500 for Fiona as a hatchling that I didn't even know what she'd look like. Now looks like $500 was a steal lol.

Your tanks are sweet!!! Where did you get the 120 from. It's rimless right

Yes it is. I got it on Craigslist for $50. It's pretty beat up but I think I made it look okay. It's was bad when I got it. I resiliconed it, buffed some scratches out and built the stand. But for $50 it was worth it.

They are both from Illinois lol, they can be found in Australia but are more common in the tropical islands above you guys like New Guinea and such. Fish and snakes are way different. In the fish hobby wild Caughran are viewed as top quality where snakes wild caught is bad and it all about the blood line. Both of them are from the same breeder and are "designer" snakes which means their history is snakes breed for certain characteristics such as black freckles or "mite phase" snakes that posse these traits are more valuable. I paid $500 for Fiona as a hatchling that I didn't even know what she'd look like. Now looks like $500 was a steal lol.

That's interesting. So are you hoping to breed your snakes when they're mature or are you restricted by the original breeder?

That's interesting. So are you hoping to breed your snakes when they're mature or are you restricted by the original breeder?

That's the plan! The breeders a great guy really knows his stuff. I talked him down $50 on shriek and then a year later marked Fiona down $100 since I was a repeat buyer and knew I take such good care of them. Most snake setup a are simple and plain. I've easily spent over $2000 on equipment and animals. The two I have have totally different parents so I will be good to go with breeding them. But females take 4 years to gain size and mature so it's gonna be awhile. The ball pythons maybe another year.. Hopefully

That's the plan! The breeders a great guy really knows his stuff. I talked him down $50 on shriek and then a year later marked Fiona down $100 since I was a repeat buyer and knew I take such good care of them. Most snake setup a are simple and plain. I've easily spent over $2000 on equipment and animals. The two I have have totally different parents so I will be good to go with breeding them. But females take 4 years to gain size and mature so it's gonna be awhile. The ball pythons maybe another year.. Hopefully

I can see where you've spent your money. Your setups are beautiful to say the least. They mimic a tropical jungle. That will be a majorly exciting day when Fiona becomes a mumma. Do they lay eggs or have live babies? I'm not sure but I saw on some show that some snakes give birth to live young. Our shingle back lizards pair for life and give birth to live young. Pretty cool stuff.

I can see where you've spent your money. Your setups are beautiful to say the least. They mimic a tropical jungle. That will be a majorly exciting day when Fiona becomes a mumma. Do they lay eggs or have live babies? I'm not sure but I saw on some show that some snakes give birth to live young. Our shingle back lizards pair for life and give birth to live young. Pretty cool stuff.

They lay eggs, the bias have live births. It's pretty gross the live births I mean lol

Your snake habitats look like zoo displays. So pretty! Are all of your tanks on the metal metro shelving or just your little ones?

Wow that is quite a bedroom you got there. Very nice but I'm not a snake kinda guy, they absolutely terrify me actually but love your big cichlid aquarium!

What kind of fish do you have tandanus?

I have a pair of Herichthys carpintis (the guy in my avatar...affectionately known as 'bastard')
They had approx. 200 fry that I am in the process of selling. Then I have a beautiful pair Thorichthys maculipinnis. They had approx. 60 fry also for sale. They're my main guys but I have a couple of corys and a nice male hoplosternum catfish. I would like to get back into dwarfs. Use to have rams and bolivians. I definitely need more tanks lol.

Back
Top Bottom