before and after

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr funktastic

Aquarium Advice Addict
ok i though some people might want to see first hand what upgrading your light a little and adding co2 can do for a planted tank. the first photo was taken about 2 1/2 weeks ago before i added my new hagen system and i doubled the light from 15 to 30 watts in my 20 gallon tank. enjoy :)

Attachments

• tanknow_635.jpg
    tanknow_635.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 37
  • plus_co2_196.jpg
    plus_co2_196.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 44
Which is which? The first picture actually looks a bit fuller than the second, to me at least. Both pics looks great though. That's a healthy looking tank :)

i forgot when posting the pics that they go down opposite. the second pic was the tank 2 1/2 weeks ago and the first pic is the tank now. i thought that there was more than a bit fuller lol. my hygrophilia polysperma is growing rediculsly fast sprouting 2 new leaves everday. if u enlarge the first pic u can see the colour difference in the leaves on the giant hygro in the back right corner since adding the co2, much greener :)
ps i was wondering if anything new has come up about the shipping of your plants we were talking about.

I recently did the same and the difference is startling. Congrats on your success. In the meantime, regarding plant shipments, I've shipped plants to Canada via USPS Global Priority and the only requirement was a form detailing the contents. The plants were recieved by the member in about 5 business days.

sounds good jc. were the plants still ok after 5 days? i thought that 5 days would be a little to long for the plants to not be exposed to light. bman is sending me some plants on monday so i will post when i recieve them. thanks for helping out bman with the shipping process and i will be looking foreward to sending plants out to other people once mine grow in nicely.

ok so here is another update of the tank. the co2 is really kicking in. i am really impressed with the results. hope u like it. and here is my 10 gallon which i have been adding the clippings from. and my 55 gallon which i have been adding the clippings to aswell lol never ending clippings!!

Attachments

• 100_0002_2_168.jpg
    100_0002_2_168.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 100_0005_543.jpg
    100_0005_543.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 43
actually i dont like the look of it right now lol. i did a huge trimming and removed alot of the hygro polysperma. i also bought a smaller peice of dridtwood and finally got some javamoss which i attached to it. i also got a hint of red to go in the tank so hopefully that will make it better aswell i will take another updated pic tonight. oh and i forgot to post a pic of the 55 lol that will be on tonight to.

here is the 55 gallon african tank that have begun throwing my clippings into to see if i can plant it aswell. i am thinknig about pulling a travis lol. hope u like it.

Attachments

• 100_0008_909.jpg
    100_0008_909.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 30
i have my 55gal low light with no co2. I found it really benificial to bump up the circulation in the tank by raising the output of my filter closer to the surface so more air is exchanged. It allowed my plants to grow a lot more and a lot green. Just a suggestion for your 55 since your not injecting co2.

Back
Top Bottom