Bent guppy!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Slow-dagger

Aquarium Advice Activist
I woke up one morning today and my plant decoration was Flipped and I turned it over to it right side and I noticed my guppy is swimming weird I look over the tank and it was bent my dwarf gourami or none my fish is that big to harm it and the poor little thing swims away from its buddy

image-2258068101.jpg

image-3605955330.jpg

Is it gonna die D:
Here r all my other fish

image-623885938.jpg

image-3864443455.jpg

image-2111576630.jpg

All you can really do is wait and see if things get better or worse. My Molly went hunch back like last week and I wasn't sure what it was but thy can injure themselves and come out of it ok. Unless a broken back. Do you have a separate tank you can put her/him in? Make them feel a little more comfy.

Is it still eating and pooping?

Calypso77 said:
All you can really do is wait and see if things get better or worse. My Molly went hunch back like last week and I wasn't sure what it was but thy can injure themselves and come out of it ok. Unless a broken back. Do you have a separate tank you can put her/him in? Make them feel a little more comfy.

Is it still eating and pooping?

It poops but don't see it eating and it strays away from the others

If you can place him in a separate tank, this will help not to stress him if it is an injury and give him time to heal, keep an eye on him closely to make sure he is eating as well. He may not eat as much as normal but you want him eating something if he will.

Injured fish get stress very easy due to injury alone so you want to make his environment as less stressed as possible.

Is that a top down view? Is so I don't want to scare you, but a s curve back like that is a sign of fish tb, could be a number if other things also. Is there fun rot? Is he eating? It just wasting?(getting thinner and thinner) is he hiding?

KevinM said:
Is that a top down view? Is so I don't want to scare you, but a s curve back like that is a sign of fish tb, could be a number if other things also. Is there fun rot? Is he eating? It just wasting?(getting thinner and thinner) is he hiding?

No it fallows it buddy and eats a lil bit he seem plump kinda like its buddy he doesn't rly hide

Well that's good. Just keep a very close eye on him to make sure he stay good.

Calypso77 said:
Well that's good. Just keep a very close eye on him to make sure he stay good.

But is it oaky if he is bent the right side it's not a hunch

image-3140401689.jpg

Is SBD is it not? Is he struggling to swim in one spot? If he isn't, then...

Attack of the Evil Filter

Bobjoefredsky said:
Is SBD is it not? Is he struggling to swim in one spot? If he isn't, then...

Attack of the Evil Filter

He doesn't seem to swim with difficulty just calm but bent....idk but before he got bent he loves swimming up the filters current

I hope he gets better. Male guppies are a shame to lose. Females, not so much

Bobjoefredsky said:
I hope he gets better. Male guppies are a shame to lose. Females, not so much

Lol yea the males look best but can be little jerks they bully my dwarf gourami but he but sometimes he rams them and they go away

Back
Top Bottom