Best food? Also plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

catfishkid

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm going to get some food for my SA Bumblee Catfish, who I was told is completely carnivorous. What's the best food to feed him?

Alsooo, I'm thinking of looking into live plants (I only have plastic) and would like to know what's best for a beginner and the pros and cons of plants.

Any advice would be lovely! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

For food, just read the ingredients on the bottles and look for something that is mostly meat rather being full of corn or other veggie filler. Check out NLS and Omega One.

For plants, that is a very long question. I suggest doing some more research into plants. Just figure out what sort of lighting you currently have. Some easy ones to look into are the Java fern, Java moss, and Amazon sword. Those will grow for most people under most tank lighting. They keep the water nicer and give fish places to hide. They also are easier to kill than the plastic ones. If you are able to keep plants, I always suggest at least trying out something very basic like the ones I suggested or something similar. If you do a search for beginner plants or low light plants, you will get a bunch of ideas and then check out those individually. :)
Hope that helps.

Thank you, that does help!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom