Best low cost camera?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmay33

Aquarium Advice Addict
I want to get a camera to take decent pictures of my aquariums, but I'm looking for something that won't break the bank. Any suggestions?

Nikon d3100 or canon rebel t3. The investment into a dslr is completely worth it.

Cool. Thanks. Are there any decent ones that have a smaller price tag? I know cameras are expensive. Lol.

Do these cameras capture colors nicely? Camera phones and my low end point and shoot don't really jive well with the actinic lighting...

Something else to ponder- if you are speaking of macro shots, like close ups of your corals and stuff, you may want to consider a submersible camera. I use a Canon powershot D10...and they've just upgraded it- Amazon.com: Canon PowerShot D20 12.1 MP CMOS Waterproof Digital Camera with 5x Image Stabilized Zoom 28mm Wide-Angle Lens a 3.0-Inch LCD and GPS Tracking (Blue): Camera & Photo

That's interesting! I like it!!

I wonder how well it photographs under actinic lighting. That's one of my main problems taking them with my phone.

Cool! How would I do that on an iPhone 5?

You don't without a app such as Camera+, even then it still doesn't come close. I shoot with a Nikon D7000. Spend a little time on Craiglist and you'll deals on everything. The jump into a DSLR is worth it's weight in gold. I now shoot around 1200-2000 shutter clicks a week, it's rather addicting.

Back
Top Bottom