Best place online to by corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kjboer7

Aquarium Advice Activist
Im just wondering were I can get corals at a good price need to add more to my 125 also looking for a good place to buy fish and other livestock I live near Chicago not sure if that helps was thinking of ordering stuff off the internet

I have also used liveaquaria.com and saltwaterfish.com.

Saltwaterfish.com often has deals where you get free shipping if you but a certain item (normally in the $50 price range - the list varies) and ships free regardless at $200. Their corals and inverts a pretty good, but their guarantee is a pain IMO. You may receive a refund if you report a DOA within 5 hours of delivery. Beyond that it's credit only. (15 day guarantee) You have to uplaod a photo of any dead animals to their site.

Liveaquaria ships free at $225. Their guarantee is great. Just a phone call and they issue a refund. I think their fish are a little better than saltwaterfish.com, but their inverts aren't as nice. (14 day guarantee) For lesser amounts, you have to be careful that you don't order from variuous facilities and double down on the shipping cost. (Their WYSIWYG and captive grown corals ship from Wisconsin and everything else is from California I think.) Once you meet the free shipping amount, it all ships free though. they also have freshwater fish and plants.

Both sites have frequent sales.

I normally wouldn't ever tell you this but today I'm just feeling nice. (don't need composition) lol. the BEST place believe it or not is.... eBay

why?
•Sellers strive for feedback ratings.
•get great deals
•and the quality is above anybody's stock.

When people have nice stuff worth something it always goes to eBay. That's with any item. This site is a collectors dream come true. You just can't beat Beautiful coral with great prices. If an auction starts low and no one bids. You get great deals. And you won't find better customer service. These guys are terrified to get a negative feedback and will bend over backwards to make you happy. I have some of the rarest most beautiful corals you'll ever see from eBay. And the prices are great. My favorite seller Is goldenbasket. This seller has nice corals and you pay one shipping fee. Save up money and get some of this vendors rare colonies. You'll be hooked. And is fun!

Yeah thats exactly what I saw when did a google search shopping some eBay came up and there's great deals.

I never bought coral off line usually go to Craig's list. Unfortunately you don't get a lot of variety. I always thought shipping on eBay was high
$40-50 shipping. Or is that normal for online purchases?
Supra

That's normal shipping cost. Overnight shipping is outrageous.. . But some sellers on eBay do combined shipping on one flat rate of $40. That's actually really good.

I just make sure when I order online I meet there requirements for free shipping. Buying a 30 buck fish with the added however much shipping? No thank you. I'll add a coral or something else to make it worth my while.

Back
Top Bottom