Best test kits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

two11devan

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am thinking about replacing my current water test kit (currently have the Tetra Laborett kit). Opinions on what you think the best test kit brand would be greatly appreciated!

I like Aquarium Pharmaceuticals test kits. Easiest NO3 kit I've used. No little spoonfull of powder like the Tetra kit and only two dropper bottles to use.

I have some Aquarium Pharmaceuticals and a few Instant Ocean kits. The dry powder in the IO kits is "said" to yield more accurate results and have a better shelf-life.

I saw some discussion on this topic about a month ago and the Salifert kits were highly regarded by MANY experienced aquarists. You would have to look around a bit for them. I think they may be available from marinedepot.com.

I like Seachem and Salifert kits. Whatever you do, try t avoid the "dip-stick" type kits.

I have been extremely happy with my Salifert Test Kits, they are easy to use, and read, pricey, but well worth it IMO.

Back
Top Bottom