best way to remove a flat worm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

54seaweed

Macro Addict
what is the best way to catch a flat worm
I seen one last night climbing on the glass
it was late and at first I thought it was a stominella snail and I got a closer look and it wasn't I want to get this thing out before it becomes a nusense
and what is the best way of disposing of it

it was about a inch long it looked like this with just no black markings

img_2462201_0_8fb1547686c6a4a1bc811de7a6080c40.jpg

I had one too. It was a polyclad flat worm I believe. It hunts snails and other inverts. Check it out on google. I got rid of mine with my syphon. I took the mouth off the syphon to just have a hose so I could get around the rocks. Then sucked it up. It had a snail with it, and plugged my syphon. I put my net underneath as I pulled it out just to be safe.

I know some other people have used traps and used new snails as bait.

think I'm going hunting tonight
just the thought of that thing gives me the creeps

They kinda remind me of the face sucking flat worms from the alien series haha

Haha that's awesome! I was very turned off by my tank until I removed him.

but it's not , it's a big ugly alien of a flat worm
he can wipe out my whole reef in no time if I don't get him out
gives me the creeps just thinking if it got out and crawled around in the house brrrrr
I'm just glad it's in the newer tank cause I can access just about the whole tank with out moving things around

Coral safe may eat hermit crabs and snails. I never had a problem with mine. Like a lot of fish reef safe with caution. IMO the benefits out way the risk.

My flat worm was 3 inches in diameter.... I hope a wrasse would take one down. It would be an epic battle.

Check them out on live aquaria! Keeps corals and clams pest free.

Attachments

• image-1769728281.jpg
    image-1769728281.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 59
Back
Top Bottom