Betta Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you need a heater to keep your temperature stable.. the temperture might drop to 75 at night and get as hi as 79 durring the day.. the fluctuations can kill fish.. just make sure the temperature doesnt change much..

I have my betta now. While my mom was looking at the tank she thought it was okay to buy a bigger tank for it. So I considered a ten gallon aquarium(because the others are too pricey). For practice with a planted tank I will make this tank a planted tank. Except I won't be able to use flourite or eco-complete. So does any one have any advice for a planted tank using regular gravel. I know I could use laterite but they don't think they sell it. I am going to use the same filter I am using with my betta now...will this help the tank cycle? I want to put a pair of coolie loaches and possibly some other fish, and again I am trying to make a bio-tope. This tank will have medium light and have CO2. Thank for ue time ^_^!!!

azn_fishy55... if you plan on having medium light and CO2 you really need a good substrate for the tank, layered substrate is a posibilty yet its a advanced technique in my oppinion.. but your LFS can order right about anything you would want you just need to ask the person that orders the merchandise, granted Im not talking about a big box petco type pet store.. And for a heavily planted tank the cycle is a bit different, the plants do the job of the bacteria bio-media pretty much gets in the way. but machanical filtration is still helpfull.. HTH

Well, there is another pet store I kow that might have some kind of substrate I can use because they have this huge planted tank right in front of their desk and it had a weird kind of substrate. It was like soil and gravel mixed together.

There has been a change in plans. Instead I will be using a used 20 gallon aquarium. I am going to have a Penguin 150 BIO-wheel HOB filter. And instead of a DIY CO2 system I will use Nutrafin CO2 Natural Plant System. I will use one bag of Eco-Complete mixed with sand and various sizes of gravel. Also with weekly supplements of Flourish Plant Supplement. I am able to get some of these items by ordering them off the "That Fish Place" catalog.

LOL... ideal? what do you mean.. the nutrients? let me see.. off the top of my head.. NO3- 10-15ppm. PO4 about 1 ppm.. check out the planted aquaria sections stickys.. it seems like your questions would be answered by them.. HTH

Back
Top Bottom