Betta behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm a little more confused now actually. :lol:

Your 10 gallon is cycled and has fish in it. You plan on taking the filter from that tank and using it on the 8 gallon. That leaves the 10 gallon with no filter and fish. Is that right?

He's pretty!

Thank you. My daughter picked him out. I didn't realize that the half moons were almost 14 dollars until I got to the register. Leave it to her to pick out the pricy one, lol. Again thanks for all the help, the water changes have been done on both tanks and I will continue to update. This site is awesome and I would be in pretty bad shape if I had only the fish stores info to go off of.

LyndaB said:

Your 10 gallon is cycled and has fish in it. You plan on taking the filter from that tank and using it on the 8 gallon. That leaves the 10 gallon with no filter and fish. Is that right?

The 10 had two filters on it. I was confused too.

He is a really pretty betta. I guess I'm lucky that my LFS prices all their bettas well. The highest price I've seen was $7 for a pure white giant plakat.

The 10 gallon has an aqua tech power filter. It has a blue filter cartridge that I kept in the 10. It also has a smaller biofilter that goes in front of the blue filter. I took the smaller biofilter out and put it in the 8 gallon filter reservoir. I was just trying to get as much seeded material in the new tank to speed the bacteria growth along. No worries about being confused, I am as well and I am the one with the tanks.

Just a quick update, fish is doing a lot better. He is very active today and I even got him to eat some frozen brine shrimp. Keeping my fingers crossed that it continues to go well.

Mab2000 said:
Just a quick update, fish is doing a lot better. He is very active today and I even got him to eat some frozen brine shrimp. Keeping my fingers crossed that it continues to go well.

Sounds like he's coming around that's awesome!!!!

Back
Top Bottom