Betta bubble nest question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shynepo3

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a cycled 5 gallon tank, with 1 betta inside. I put in an almond leave, and he proceeded to make a HUGE bubble nest under it. I should take pics, but it's huge.

Anyways, when I do his weekly 20% water change, I have left the nest and leaf alone. Should i break the nest when I do the pwc? I thought the leaf would eventually sink and break up, but I guess the nest is holding it up...it's been about 10 days now. I'm just concerned for his health, if leaving the nest will cause the water to be more dirty, etc.

thanks in advance!

oh, and another question...

my readings are

ammonia -0
nitrite - 0
nitrate between 0-5..is it ok tbe be that low?

Your parameters look great. It'll be fine to break the bubble nest. He'll make another. I'm not sure about the leaf, but I know people do put things at the top to support the bubble nest.

If your Betta boy is making a bubble nest, you're doing a great job. That means he's happy enough to want to breed.

Thanks, good to hear. I'm wondering if it's ok to leave the nest alone. It won't make his water any dirtier right?

shynepo3 said:
Thanks, good to hear. I'm wondering if it's ok to leave the nest alone. It won't make his water any dirtier right?

I wouldn't think it would. I'd say your good to go.

Its healthy to break up the bubble nest as it tells your male its not good enough so he will try and make a bigger, Better nest also great job on Parameters :D

Back
Top Bottom