BETTA EMERGENCY!!! Betta dying :(:(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swanandmokashi

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I came in the office this morning and the betta was almost laying on the gravel lifeless. I thought he had already passed away but he moved when I put in my finger. However he was not able to swim at all and was just wobbling around himself and could see him having difficulty breathing. I could see some white stuff below his mouth with a small buldge.

Is there anything I can do to save him? I already did a large water change -- he is still lifeless like on the gravel.

Please help with any medication you can suggest.

Thanks!@

you may want to lower the water level or bring Betta closer to surface to make it easier for him. It sounds like he may have a fungus but I don't know what meds to suggest off the top of my head. Hopefully others will chime in. Good luck and sorry he's sick. :(

If he does pull through, feed him tiny pieces of cooked pea for the next couple days. (He may also have digestive issues which make it hard to swim correctly)

Do you test your water parameters? Have you done a pwc lately? I'd do a water change and take the carbon fitration out of the filter if you use it and add medication for fungus. Maracyn II is good for many illnesses, and it should work with bettas as I have used it with cory's before.

yeah Ido a 25-30% water change (since its a small tank) every week.

Unfortunately the betta passed away yesterday :( :( :(

Back
Top Bottom