Betta feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Flakes, pellets, frozen blood worms, freeze dried blood worms, live daphnia magna, live fruit flies, most of them are not picky and eat like hogs, especially the females.

on that note just dont over feed your betta..I used to feed both mine every other day...They will over eat..

The feeding regimen I've found works best is a highly quality pellet such as NLS or Hikari 3-4 days a week, a thawed frozen food such as bloodworms or brine shrimp 2-3 days a week, and a few pellet sized peices of shelled blanched pea once a week. Betta's are prone to bloating, constipation, and swim bladder disease so diet is pretty important for them. I would especially avoid any freeze dried foods..I've found these to be bad news for fish in general, but especially bettas. Also keep in mind their stomachs are the size of their eye and they should not look bloated after feeding. :)

Yes! They WILL overeat if you give them enough food, and it WILL cause problems. I use the freeze dried bloodworms sparingly, but man do they love that stuff.

Back
Top Bottom