Betta ID: what type, male/female, and is it a dragon scale?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jaketetra28

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello everyone! Today I bought a betta from my LFS and man It's pretty!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407545375.231381.jpg

My main questions are:
1) what type of betta do I have
2) male or female and
3) is this a dragon scale?

Reason for asking if he (I believe) is a dragon scale is when I picked him up he was with the dragon scales and had a faded "DS" on the lid, but he had no price tag so when I went to ask they called him a regular female and charged me $4.88 which I'm totally fine with because he/she looks great and is not acting sick at all!

Thanks!!!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407545686.931519.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407545712.223555.jpg
^Dragon scale?

-Jacob

Sent from my iPhone A1533 using Aquarium Advice

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407547562.678701.jpg

Here's a picture of a chart that I took at my favorite fish store. It may help you with the type. The other picture describes the color variations really well but I can't be sure if it's a dragon scale or not. Hope this helps at least a little.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407547665.336237.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

View attachment 246091

Here's a picture of a chart that I took at my favorite fish store. It may help you with the type. The other picture describes the color variations really well but I can't be sure if it's a dragon scale or not. Hope this helps at least a little.

View attachment 246092

Thanks a lot! I have determined that I have a plakat (I believe) and I'm leaning towards a dragon scale because of it's scales (looks iridescent) but I am still on the fence about that :)

Glad I could help! My guess is that it's a male because that chart shows all the male variations and it looks identical to that Plakat.

Back
Top Bottom