Betta issue please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pictuslover23

Aquarium Advice Regular
Alright so my mom bought a beautiful Betta today and wants to stick it in a bowl. I cannot stomach this as I have two running aquariums. So here are my options. Move my male convict to my 28 gallon and leave the BETTA with the fry. The 28 has kribs, pictus, and sword tails. Or put the Betta in the 28 gal. I'm not sure what to do. Note: this would only be temporary as I'm rehoming my convicts soon.

He will eat the fry if you dont mind that i guess you could just remove the male convict first or he will kill the betta

i would try it w/ both, make sure to keep an eye out and if there is any sort of aggression have a backup plan, its good that your giving it a good home though :)

just keep an eye on them all for a while, a lot depends on the temperament of the betta

haha, i'm not positive, i've read that leaving the lights off for the first day is good to help keep fish from getting really stressed out

I would keep the betta in a bowl until I could get something bigger for him. Bettas are graceful slow moving fish with long fins usually. Their long fins are often picked on by fast moving fish that think the bettas long fins look like a good meal or fish who are territorial and aggressive. If you keep them in a deep tank they need some plants that float near or on the top to rest on when they want to due to the fact that they breathe at the surface. I have kept bettas successfully in my planted discus tank, they both like slow moving water and they ignored each other.

He's in my 20 right now. All to himself an is loving it. My filter is on low and it's full of hornwort and java moss so lots of cover. To me, this is how bettas should be viewed.

Back
Top Bottom