Betta question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ADFlove91406

Aquarium Advice Regular
I need help how do I tell what The water perimeter is in my tank and what is ammonia in the tank and nitrate what does this all mean do any of you know

Well your local fish store should be able to test for you, or you could get a test kit. ammonia and nitrite are dangerous to your fish and should register at 0ppm (parts per million). Nitrate is ok in smaller parts, around 20ppm is good. A tank is fully cycled when ammonia and nitrite at 0 and nitrate is ~20

You'll know when you have ammonia in the tank. Smell the water. If it has an oder , be quick to do a water change. You don't always need test. Good to do. But if you don't have any. Just watch your fish, smell the tank anything different change the water. The ammonia usually will come when over feeding, or something added to the tank. It will kill your fish. The nitrate can not be high. Keep it low. the nitrite is like your ammonia just not as toxic.

Back
Top Bottom