Betta Scale Color Change - concern?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SnailorJ

Aquarium Advice Activist
I recently noticed a few scales changing color on my betta's body. He is a beautiful blue/black color and a few random scales are turning light blue/yellow. He was sleeping on the bottom a lot when I first noticed this, but he is active and flaring often now, and I'm not noticing any more changes in color. Should I be concerned? My water levels are all normal (I check at least once a week) but my tank is relatively new, so it's possible that there were some slight changes that went unnoticed. I haven't been able to find any information about this anywhere on the web, so I'm not sure what to think....

It might sound wierd, but your betta can and will change color based on mood patterns. He could be happy, sad, stressed, ect.

Hmm, interesting. I would be glad to attribute it to that! I would think that would cause an overall color change though, not just a few scales? I tried to get a couple of pictures of him, but he was sleeping so he wasn't showing off. I'm happy if it's agreed he's fine though.

Attachments

• IMG_3290.jpg
    IMG_3290.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_3292.jpg
    IMG_3292.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 50
Back
Top Bottom